Tuesday 16 February 2016

16th February 2016

We were fairly late to get up after all the exertion yesterday. We were kept awake last night slightly by the strong winds that we have experience today that have come along with the stormy weather. I have been brewing the coffee I managed to pick up from the Heart and Graft coffee roasters in Salford. A small luxury of driving up has been that we have been able to bring a coffee grinder with us too!


After brkeafast I went out for a short walk around lunchtime to just help ease my legs after all the exercise yesterday! Eddie had informed me that you can walk up a local hill, but it turned out to be more of an estate with a country house at the top. There was no one around so I made my way around the small lake and back to the road on the other side. I was fortunate to spot a couple of deer but they quickly disappeared into the wilderness. I walked back to the Rothiemurchus centre to collect some post cards but unfortunately they didn't have anything worthwhile and so I walked back to the lodge.





As the rain finally arrived, we settled down for a belated Boxing Day dinner with all the trimming. This was kindly arranged by Kathryn and Jan as I had been working on the actual Boxing Day and so hadn't been able to enjoy it fully with them. Also, not forgetting this was also when we had a lot of flood nearby which detracted from the celebrations. We had a lovely meal, and watched a couple of movies to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment